Limespring Summer Literacy Booster!
A one week morning school encouraging children in reading and writing – to improve skills such as spelling, sentence structures, comprehension and story planning and writing. Week Commencing Monday 24th July 2023 for 5 days.
The Limespring Summer Literacy Booster is aimed at children from ages 7 to 11 and will run in the mornings for 5 days.
The week-long course will be:
- Fun, interactive, and aimed at ensuring children have a positive and successful experience in literacy based activities.
- Multi-sensory and daily include activities related to reading and spelling techniques, vocabulary, grammar, comprehension and writing frameworks – with the goal of every child having the experience of learning to conceive, plan, draft and edit a complete piece of fiction or non-fiction work.
- Carefully tailored to the experiences, ages and interests of participating children.
- Held in the mornings – from 9.30-11.30;
- Run by specialist teaching staff with an adult-child ratio of 1:4
- Based in purpose-designed and well-equipped premises in East Finchley.
The Director of Limespring Education, Denise Drinkwater MA, MSc, BSc, OCR Cert SPLD will lead the Limespring Summer Literacy Booster week. Denise has many years’ experience in teaching children on a one-to-one and small group basis and unlocking their potential.
The cost of the week is inclusive of all materials.